Hydraulic Control Panels
Hydraulic Power and Control Panels custom built to client specifications and requirements for use in offshore drilling & well operations.
An example of a typical control panel is illustrated below;
Our customer required an Emergency Shut Down Panel to provide the means of controlling 2 spring return actuated valves and 2 hydraulically actuated return valves. To achieve this PPM incorporated the following into the panel; 1 x 304 stainless steel IP 65 enclosure having 2 front opening doors with macrolon windows and removable covers at the back. Approximate dimensions 1.8m high x 1.2m wide x 1.0m deep. The manual controls and pressure gauges were mounted on a panel viewable through the macrolon windows.
- 1 x 304 grade stainless steel hydraulic reservoir complete with a filler breather, sight level gauge and drain valve.
- 1 x air drive hydraulic pump unit, producing 2.5LPM approx with a 5.5 bar (80 psi) air supply pressure at 50 SCFM approx.
- 1 x hand pump for manual operation of the valve actuators.
- 1 x high pressure filter 5 micron rated c/w clogging indicator.
- 1 x tank top mounted return line filter 5 micron rated c/w clogging indicator.
- 1 x pressure relief valve for protecting the hydraulic system. Stainless steel construction.
- 1 x 100mm dial 0-400 bar pressure gauge for monitoring the hydraulic system pressure. Stainless steel construction.
- 1 x 100mm dial 0-25 bar pressure gauge for monitoring the inlet air supply pressure. Stainless Steel construction.
- 1 x 100mm dial 0-16 bar pressure gauge for monitoring the regulated ESD/Logic air pressure. Stainless Steel construction.
- 1 x Air filter fitted to the inlet air supply. Material 316 Stainless Steel.
- 2 x Air regulators for controlling the air driven pump and ESD/Logic air pressure. Material 316 Stainless Steel.
- 1 x Pressure relief valve for protecting the pneumatic ESD/Logic system. Stainless Steel construction.
- 2 x 35 litre, 207 bar rated bladder accumulators, storing 5.4litres of hydraulic oil at 207 bar. This will provide sufficient fluid between 207 and 155 bar to give one operation of the valve actuators in the event of pump failure from a fully charged system. Carbon steel painted.
- 1 x Lockout relay valve with latch pin for charging ESD stations, 316 Stainless steel.
- 2 x Lockout relay valves to reset the ESD valves in the event of an ESD shutdown. 316 Stainless
- 2 x Manual valves for open/close operation of the ESD valves actuator. 316 Stainless Steel.
- 2 x rotary manual valves for open/close operation of operation valves H1 and H2 actuator, 316
- Stainless Steel.
- 6 x 63mm dial 0-400 bar pressure gauge for monitoring the hydraulic pressure to each actuator
- control line. Stainless steel Construction.